inLinx Limited ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our terms of service and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting inlinx.com (our site) or using the inLinx app (the app) (the site and the app together being "our services") you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is inLinx Limited of Tower 42, 25 Old Broad Street, London, EC2N 1HN.
Our data protection officer is Emma Edgeley.
Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you provide to us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms when you use our services, posting and interacting with other users using our services or otherwise using our services, or by corresponding with us by e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our services, subscribe to our service, create any family groups and linx, participate in the social media functions provided by our services by posting content or interacting with other user of our services, purchase any of our services, report any post made by other users of our services and when you report a problem with our services. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description, photograph, the people and groups you are connected to and how you interact with them, the location and data of any photographs you upload to our services, any information contained in any posts on the site or messages you send to other users of the site, and your family and friend groups and networks. Where you purchase services on our services, we will collect any payment details you provide to us, including your credit or debit card number and other card information, any other card or transaction authentication in formation, and billing and other contact details.
- Information other users of our services provide to us. This is information about you which is posted or otherwise shared on our services by other users of our services, including any information about you which they post or upload to our services, photographs of you uploaded to our services, or any messages they send to you using our services.
- Information about your social network and connected groups. This is information we collect about the users you are connected to and how you interact with them. It includes any information you provide to us about which users are categorised as family and which are members of any linx you create, the content you view and engage with, and the frequency and duration of your activities on our services. We also collect information from other users of our services about their connected groups and interactions with other users of our services, which may include information about you.
- Information we collect about you. We collect information from or about the computers, phones, or other devices where you install or access our services, depending on the permissions you have granted. We may associate the information we collect from your different devices, which helps us provide consistent services across your devices. Here are some examples of the device information we collect:
- Attributes such as the operating system, hardware version, device settings, file and software names and types, battery and signal strength, and device identifiers.
- Device locations, including specific geographic locations, such as through GPS, Bluetooth, or WiFi signals.
- Connection information such as the name of your mobile operator or ISP, browser type, language and time zone, mobile phone number and IP address. We also collect information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- As necessary to perform our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us. This includes using the information we hold about you to:
- provide our services to you;
- to allow you to use our services;
- to notify you about changes to our services;
- to communicate with you about the services we provide to you;
- to respond to you when you contact us or to provide information and services you request from us;
- to ensure that content from our services is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer and to improve and develop the services we offer to you;
- to administer our services and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- Many of our services are provided to you free of charge. In order for us to continue to provide these services to you free of charge it is necessary for us to use your information in the following ways for the purposes of our legitimate business interests:
- to show you relevant advertisements on our services and to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our services about goods or services that may interest you or them;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
- To provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about.
- To provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form).
- As part of our efforts to keep our services safe and secure.
- We will combine information we receive from other sources with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Sharing of your information through the services we provide on our services
The services we provide enable the users of our services to share information with other users of the site and to form social groups and network on the site. Sharing your information with other users of the site is integral to the provision of our service and enables users to share information in this manner.
Our services enable you to choose which families, friends and other connections are able to see which information you post, upload and share via our services. Users within your chosen groups may share this information with other users of the site or with other people, either on or off our services.
If you respond to, or interact with, another user of the site, your content may be seen by those groups of users chosen by the user you are responding to, or interacting with.
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we, or substantially all of our assets, are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of service and other agreements; or to protect the our rights, property, or safety, and the rights property or safety of our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of, protecting the safety and security of other users of the site and fraud protection.
How we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our services; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
The information we hold about you will be stored by us for the period for which you are registered as a user of our services. If you deactivate your account your information will remain on our servers. If you wish your information to be deleted please email email@example.com.
You have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- To have any inaccuracies in your personal data rectified by us without undue delay.
- To erasure of your personal data without under delay in certain circumstances.
- To restrict us from processing your personal data in certain circumstances.
- To receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to have the right to transmit this data to another data controller where the legal basis for the processing is either based on your consent or necessary of the performance of a contract to which you are a party, or where processing is carried out by automated means.
- To object to the processing of your personal data where either the processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority or where the processing in necessary for the purposes of our or a third partyís legitimate interest.
- If you are unhappy with our collection, use or sharing of your personal data you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissionerís Office.
Our services may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.